Sunday, March 1, 2009

Smoked Salmon Quesadillas


(Still perfecting my photography skills - couldn't get that shadow out of the picture for the life o me!!!)

We went to a friend's 40th birthday party last night, and I tried a new recipe to bring as an appetizer. Paul and I absolutely loved it. I don't think there were a lot of smoked salmon lovers there, as I have a feeling that we ate most of the platter ourselves!!

Smoked Salmon Quesadillas

1 anaheim pepper, charred, peeled and cut into strips
1 red bell pepper, charred, peeled and cut into strips
1/4 cup goat cheese
1/4 cup of cream cheese, room temperature
3 8" flour tortillas
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into thin slices
1/4 cup shallots (I used leeks)
2 oz. smoked salmon, cut into strips

In a small bowl, mix together the goat cheese and cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Spread one third of the mixture over half of each tortilla. Divide the pepper strips evenly over the 3 halves of the tortillas.

Layer the avocado slices over the pepper strips and top with the shallots. Divide the salmon evenly on the tortilla halves. Fold the tortillas over, pressing to seal.

Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and brown the folded tortillas until the cheese melts. Turn over and brown on the other side. Cut each quesadilla into four wedges and serve immediately.

No comments: