Monday, February 2, 2009

Week of February 1, 2009


Sunday
: Cheddar-Topped Shepherd's Pie
Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Artichoke Chicken
Wednesday: Easy Pasta with Vegetables
Thursday: Speedy Lentil & Bean Casserole
Friday: Pasta with Pesto
Saturday: Home-made pizza

I'm not even sure where this recipe comes from . . . but I know I got it from my mother.

Artichoke Chicken

1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup mayonnaise (I used a bit less and it seemed to work)
1 clove garlic minced
ground pepper
4 boneless chicken breasts

Preheat your oven to 375. In a medium bowl, mix artichoke, cheese, mayonnaise, garlic and pepper. Place your chicken breasts in a greased baking dish. Cover evenly with the artichoke mixture. Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.

I was going through an old recipe book over the weekend, and I found this recipe that was my friend Kristen's when we were in university together. She was my only friend who could "cook"!

Speedy Lentil & Bean Casserole


1 T olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 (19 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (19 oz) can lentils, drained and rinsed
1 (19 oz) can tomatoes, drained
1/2 t rosemary
1/2 t thyme
ground pepper
1 1/2 cups cheddar or mozzarella cheese, shredded

Heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion and celery until onion is softened. Add beans, lentils, tomatoes, rosemary and pepper to taste. Stir and break up tomatoes with back of spoon. Bring to simmer. Transfer to a baking dish, sprinkle with shredded cheese. Broil until cheese is melted.

No comments: