Sunday, April 5, 2009

Week of April 5, 2009

The curried lentils from last week were a nice surprise. For a vegetarian meal, it was very filling and completely appropriate for a main course. I served it with Naan bread from Costco, lightly toasted in the oven with olive oil, and a salad. I used dried lentils and home-made tomato sauce, although the recipe called for canned - it seemed perfect so I don't think the swap mattered (and was obviously cheaper and healthier).

I didn't get to the Linguine with Clams and Bacon - the day just got away from me - so I hope to do it next weekend.

Sunday:
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Caesar Salad
Monday: Chicken with Goat Cheese and Arugula, Snap peas
Tuesday: Basic Omelet
Wednesday: Greek Chicken Cutlets
Thursday: Freezer Meal
Friday: Farfalle with Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese
Saturday: Linguine with Clams and Bacon

Since I am not always the most adept omelet maker, I decided to go back to the basics and follow this simple recipe I found on the Everyday Food web site. We like omelets for a refreshing, light dinner some nights, and it annoys the heck out of me when it turns out runny - or worse, burnt.

I am thinking of going with this Easter Dinner menu for next Sunday. We'll see - not sure I love the idea of the apricot mustard sauce for the ham, I might try something with a simpler flavour. But the potato and leek galette is intriguing me so I'm going to give it a try!!

Also hoping to try these Peanut Butter Granola Bars and see if the kids like them - fun and easy snacks are always on my radar!! They gobbled up the zucchini chocolate chip muffins last week, so I will make more this week. I doubled the zucchini measurement and the boys didn't even blink.

No comments: