Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Nuts and Bolts

This recipe originally came from my mom, although I tend to change it a bit every year. I also like this variety from Kellogg's Crispix cereal. There are several good ones on the Chex website as well. I give this recipe as gifts every year, and people always come back asking for another bag.

7cups cereal (Chex, Crispix, Cheerios, Shreddies, or a mixture of all of them)
1cup nuts (I use cashews and peanuts)
1cup pretzels
3tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
1/4teaspoon garlic salt
1/4teaspoon onion salt
2teaspoons lemon juice
4teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. In a roast pan, mix cereal, pretzels and nuts together. In a saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Pour over the cereal mixture. Mix until coated. Bake for 90 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Keep in a sealed container.

* I sometimes add Bugles or cheese sticks, or whatever I have around.

No comments: