Sunday, June 14, 2009

Week of June 14, 2009

We were out of town last weekend, and I didn't get to my menu plan as I had a horrible sore throat and didn't cook much last week. I'm hoping this week is a different story! Here's what we have planned:

Sunday: Smokey Beef Tacos
Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Asian Noodle Salad with Chicken and Cilantro
Wednesday: Out at Preschool Barbecue
Thursday: Cayenne-Rubbed Chicken with Avocado Salsa
Friday: Grilled Steak with Sesame Broccoli
Saturday: At a friend's for a Barbecue

Seeing as we have a ridiculous amount of rhubarb growing in our backyard, I have been on the lookout for some new recipes. I'm not a big fan of rhubarb, so if I'm going to eat it, it must be paired with another flavour to somewhat disguise the rhubarb tart-ness. I'm liking the looks of this Rhubarb Rasberry Crisp, and also the Rhubarb and Blackberry Snack Cake.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh..I have a recipe for the best rhubarb cake ever!!!! I will dig it up soon!