Sunday, September 14, 2008

Week of September 14, 2008

Now that life is starting to quiet down *a bit*, I'm back to planning meals again. It's funny, when we were so busy and I was not planning what we eat, we tended to eat less healthy. Getting something quickly is not easy for me, someone who thrives on at least some sort of organization and order. I'm excited to get back in the swing of things.

Sunday: Curry at Granny's house!
Monday: Broccoli and Pork Stir-Fry
Tuesday: Capellini Caprese
Wednesday: Roasted Vegetable Salad with Goat Cheese
Thursday: Potato Leek Soup
Friday: Bruschetta Chicken Bake (not sure how I feel about this yet, I may substitute some of the ingredients they suggest, but it looked delicious in the picture!)
Saturday: Take-Out or order pizza

Roasted Vegetable Salad with Goat Cheese

2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
1 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
1 small red onion, cut
2 T olive oil
coarse salt and ground pepper
1 T balsamic vinegar
1 small head Boston lettuce
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese

1. Preheat oven to 450. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss carrots, zucchini and onion with 1 T oil, season with salt and pepper.
2. Roast until vegetables are tender and browned, 20 minutes or so. Toss once.
3. In a serving bowl, whisk together vinegar and remaining oil, season with salt and pepper. Add lettuce and toss. Top with roasted veggies and goat cheese.

* This recipe is for 1-2 people, I will likely add a few more veggies in. I may grill the veggies on the barbecue too, and see how that works.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

welcome back! wanted you to know I've made that bruchetta back several times and it's a hit with the entire family. of course, i haven't made it since sam has decided no ingredients can "touch" *sigh*. But he did used to love it, and so does DH. I haven't made it in forever because I try to avoid dairy for syd. I miss these kinds of dishes! tricia